Granite Gear White Lightnin' Tarp
|Reviews & Awards|
- "With room for five in camp chairs, this 10-by-10-foot wing...shed wind and rain so well, and went up so quickly, that testers used it for squall-plagued trail lunches." - Backpacker Magazine 2006 Gear Guide
The Granite Gear White Lightning Tarp was developed especially for ultralight hikers and backpackers. This simple shelter is engineered to perform.
The edges have a slight catenary cut that helps keep the whole thing taut. The edges and center seam are bound with Tension Tape which allows the ultralight 30-D Sil Cordura Ripstop fabric to be stretched tight as a drum from eight points along the edge and one in the center.
After setup, the corners can be tightened without re-tying. Comes with micro cordage and stuffs into itís own attached stuff sack.Weights include self storing stuff sack and guy lines (no stakes). Tension Tape and quick adjustment make the White Lightniní an ultralight tarp thatís easy to pitch.
- Catenary cut helps keep tarp taut
- When used with 2 dodgers becomes a 4 season setup(8x10 tarp only)
- Adjustable guy points
- Sewn in stuffsack
- Cordage included (stakes not included)
- Color: half blueberry half cloud
- Materials: 30D Sil-Nylon CORDURA
- Small - 8' x 10'; 1 lb. 3 oz.
- Medium - 10' x 10'; 1 lb. 5 oz.
- Large - 10' x 12'; 1 lb. 7 oz.