Sea to Summit Spark SpII Sleeping Bag
Sea to Summit Spark SpII Sleeping Bag. A warmer Spark for minimalist missions in colder conditions. The Spark II has the same streamlined design with additional proportional fill to concentrate warmth where it's needed most.
Using 850+ loft goose down treated with the amazing moisture repelling Ultra-Dry Down, a micro-weight 10D shell and 15D lining, the Spark is one of the best warmth for weight minimalist sleeping bags available.
The Spark is an ultra light bag with several key uses. Its balance of size, weight and warmth make it an excellent summer sleeping bag, especially for cycle touring and ultra-light hiking. Its size and temperature rating means it can also work well as a booster bag, slipping inside another sleeping bag to add warmth. The protection of Ultra-Dry Down makes the Spark ideal for summer alpine use and adventure racing, where heavy weight is not tolerated and where until now down has not been a viable option.
The secrets of the Spark's amazing warmth to weight ratio are in the premium quality down, micro-weight shell and liner fabrics, the 1/3 length #3 YKK zipper, and the sew-through transverse baffle construction.
The shell, lining and other components combined weigh less than the down insulation inside: 6.3 oz for the down versus 6 oz for the rest of the bag. Plus the Spark compresses so small, Sea to Summit had to re-engineer their compression sacks to make one that reduced sufficiently.
- Contoured mummy
- 10D Pertex Quantum shell for minimal weight and bulk
- Sewn through lateral baffles over legs
- Box wall baffles over torso
- 55/45 fill ratio
- Differential fill to gradually concentrate warmth over body core
- Contoured hood with drawcord
- Tapered footbox
- 1/3 length YKK3 side zip
- Includes lightweight 15D Ultra-Sil compression bag and mesh storage cell and laundry bag
- Shell: 10D Pertex®Quantum® treated with DWR
- Liner: 15D nylon soft touch, high density weave
- 850+ loft Ultra-Dry Down® (90/10 European goose down)
- Fill weight: Regular 9.9 oz | 280g; Long 10.8 oz | 305g
- Bag weight: Regular 16.4 oz | 464g; Long 18.0 oz | 510g
- EN Temperature Rating: 35 F / 2 C Lower Limit
- Zipper side: Left only