Sea to Summit Ember EbIII 20 Down Quilt
Sea to Summit Ember EbIII 20 Down Quilt. An Ember quilt can be an ideal option for bikepackers, ultralight hikers and travelers.
A well-constructed quilt means freedom: Freedom from the weight of a sleeping bag zipper; freedom from the constrictive shape that comes with some sleeping bags.
The Ember™ Series takes the simplicity of the quilt concept a step further. The high quality 850+ loft Ultra-Dry Down and 10 D outer / 7D inner shell material mean incredibly lightweight and tiny packed size. The snap-on attachment straps keep your quilt located on your sleeping mat, while the drawcord base of the 40°F and 30°F give the Ember a ‘shape-shifter’ function: wider at the base for more freedom of movement when it’s warm, snugged down when it’s cooler.
IS THE EMBER QUILT…?
Suitable for cold-weather use? The warmest Ember 20°F has a sewn-in foot box, and is designed for temperatures a little under freezing (with an appropriate sleeping mat). Quilts do not have hoods – you will need a warm hat on chilly nights.
Rated using the EN temperature test protocol? No. The EN test does not apply to quilts; so not quilt on the market will have an EN rating. We refer instead to a ‘lowest comfortable temperature based on comparable Sea to Summit sleeping bags.
Able to be coupled with another Ember Quilt? Yes. The press-studs along the edge of the quilt (usually used for the sleeping mat attachment straps) can be used to join two Embers together.
- Best Use - Ultralight Backpacking
- Performance - Warm weather: 40°F (comfort range 40°F to 70°F) | 2 Season: 30°F (comfort range 30°F to 65°F) | 2.5 Season: 20°F (comfort range 20°F to 60°F)
- ULTRA-DRY Down 850+ Loft 90% Down Cluster Premium Goose Down certified Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- 10D nylon shell and 7D nylon lining for minimal weight and bulk
- Includes four adjustable straps to secure onto a sleeping mat
- Cushioned internal shoulder-end draw-cord
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil™ compression bag and storage cell
- Construction - 40°F: Sewn-through construction. Drawcord in the foot section. Open up to a quilt or cinch tightly to create a ‘foot pocket’. | 30°F: Box-baffles throughout. Drawcord in the foot section. Open up to a quilt or cinch tightly to create a ‘foot pocket’. | 20°F: Box-baffles throughout. Sewn-in foot box which slips over the end of your sleeping mat.
- COMES WITH: Water-resistant Ultra-Sil™ Compression Sack and Storage Cube
- BAG SERIES: Ember III
- BAG WEIGHT: Regular - 1 lb 11 oz / 757g | Large - 2 lbs 2 oz / 970 g
- COMPRESSED VOLUME: 4.2 L
- COMPRESSION SACK: XS - 6 L to 2 L
- FILL WEIGHT: Regular - 17.5 oz / 500 g | Large - 20.5 oz / 580 g
- FITS UP TO: Regular - 6 ft / 183 cm | Large - 6 ft 4 in / 192 cm
- PACKED SIZE: Regular - 7 x 8 in / 18 x 20 cm | Large - 7 x 9 in / 18 x 23 cm
- SEASON RATING: 2.5 Season
- TEMPERATURE (EN RATING): 14ºF - 25ºF
- SHELL FABRIC: Ultralight 10D Nylon Shell
- INSULATION: Ultra-Dry Down™ 850+ Loft