Petzl SM'D H-Frame Carabiner
Petzl SM'D H-Frame Carabiner. Sm'D is a D-shaped locking carabiner that is lightweight, and compact, and can be used in numerous situations; it is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves, and is available in two locking system versions.
- Hole allows a TIBLOC to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making the device loss-proof.
- Hole allows a MICRO TRAXION to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making the device loss-proof.
- Great versatility
- D shape guarantees efficiency in any situation, thus responding to multiple uses: connection to a belay system to a pulley, or to the end of a lanyard
- Compact and very lightweight
- Good handling and ergonomics
- D shape for good handling
- H profile contributes to better grip when wearing gloves
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- Hole allows a TIBLOC or a MICRO TRAXION to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making these devices loss-proof
- Available in two locking systems, each for different situations
- SCREW-LOCK: easy-to-open system, locking or not, according to the need of the user. The red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked. This system is suitable for difficult environments where contaminants (mud, ice) could cause an automatic locking system to jam.
- TWIST-LOCK: specific use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard) and when connecting a GRIGRI to the harness
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 12275, UIAA
- Weight: 46 g (SL), 51 g (TL)
- Major axis strength: 22 kN
- Minor axis strength: 8 kN
- Open gate strength: 7 kN
- Gate opening: 20 mm