Petzl REVERSO 4 Belay / Rappel Device
Petzl REVERSO 4 Belay / Rappel Device. This multi-purpose belay/rappel device is ultra-light (59 g, 25% lighter than the REVERSO 3) and intuitive to use. V-shaped friction channels with asymmetrical lateral grooves adapt the friction to the type of rope for better control (ARC technology: braking control for twin, half and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds with assisted braking.
- Ultra-light design - minimalist construction | hot-forged aluminum | 59 g
- A single device for all rope types - effective braking on half and twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm | effective braking on single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm | can belay the leader | one or two seconding climbers and can be used for rappelling | independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two seconding climbers in Reverso mode | quick changeovers from Reverso mode to belaying the leader when climbing multi-pitch routes
- V-shaped friction channels - increased friction on thin ropes | friction is adapted for larger diameter ropes | increases the locking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
- Asymmetrically grooved sidewalls - increased braking power during a leader or top rope fall or while rappelling | rope slides smoothly through device when taking up slack
- Carabiner hole allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
- Rope friendly, allows for smooth belaying and rope handling: will not kink the ropes regardless of the mode used | separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling
- Intuitive use - Reverso mode aluminum attachment point is easy to identify | keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces chances of losing the device | usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
- Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am'D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency
- Weight: 59 g
- Rope compatibility: for use on half ropes & twin ropes ≥ 7.5 mm and single ropes ≥ 8.9 mm
- Material: Hot forged aluminum body.
- Certification(s): UIAA