Grabber - MPI Space All Weather Blanket (Original or Hooded)
The Space Brand All Weather Blanket is a by-product of the original super insulating materials that were developed by MPI for the NASA/Apollo Space missions.
The All Weather Blanket reflects and retains up to 90% of radiated body heat to help provide warmth, comfort and protection, even in sub-freezing temperatures. The fully bound material measures 60" (152 cm) by 84" (214cm) and weighs just 12 ounces (340 g).
The multi-ply laminated construction along with the reflective metal surface make this the ideal outdoor safety blanket, for personal protection, shelters, ground covers, boating, hiking, sight visibility and it is a radar reflector.
The All Weather Blanket is a four ply laminate of clear polyethylene film, a precise vacuum deposition of pure aluminum, a special reinforcing fabric and a layer of colored polyethylene film. This new Astrolar® reinforcing fabric provides up to 50% more tear and puncture resistance than MPI's previous product. The special four layer construction techniques of the All Weather Blanket and its unique physical properties help to make it a perfect accessory item for all outdoor activities.
- Camping - Provides a multitude of uses around any campsite as a moisture resistant ground cover, as an emergency sleeping bag, dining cloth, a survival blanket, rain poncho or as an emergency signal.
- Backpacking - The lightweight, compact and durable design makes it easy to fit into any pack, being there as protection if and when needed. An extra measure of personal safety and physical security that makes the trip safer.
- Hunting - Offers a large surface area on which to clean your game, provides warmth and protection while sitting or walking and can be very useful as a backdrop cover in any shelter to reflect back heat from a fire.
- Fishing - Prevents chills by capturing and reflecting your body heat when you are wet. Will act as a sunshade, as an emergency poncho, as a radar reflective signal and can be used to carry and protect your catch.
- Boating - The waterproof material makes it an ideal accessory that can be used as personal protection from the effects of the sun, wind, rain or cold. The material is radar reflective when flown, and will provide needed visual recognition.
- Medical - By reflecting and capturing radiated body heat, the blanket will help to prevent post trauma shock resulting from an accident or a natural disaster. Provides a much needed sense of personal security and protection to anyone who has been injured.
- Flexible even in sub-freezing temperatures
- Grommets in all corners
- Easy to clean-wipe of dirt
- Fade-resistant color
- Full edge binding
- Radar reflective material
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Dimensions: 60 x 84 inches