Black Diamond HoodWire Carabiner
Black Diamond HoodWire Carabiner. The innovative hood design on this snag-free wiregate biner is simple, self-clearing and protects the nose from wear.
Thanks to its innovative stainless steel wire hood, the hot-forged Black Diamond HoodWire carabiner fuses keylock functionality with wiregate performance. This lightweight, unique design makes for hassle-free, snag-free clipping and cleaning, plus it won't freeze up in alpine conditions or suffer from gate whiplash. Thanks to its hot forged construction, no detail on the HoodWire has been overlooked, including an optimized nose angle and a wide, rope-bearing basket radius.
- Hot-forged construction
- Patented, stainless steel wire hood design provides snag-free keylock functionality
- Does not freeze up in alpine conditions
- Lightweight and designed for all-around use
- Model: 210147
- Weight : 37 g (1.3 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength : 24 kN (5,395 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Gate Opening : 24 mm (0.94 in)