ARC'TERYX Cierzo 28 Backpack
ARC'TERYX Cierzo 28 Backpack. The Cierzo 28 is an ultralight, streamlined pack designed for summit assaults and single day climbing trips, with a feature set that expands its versatility. Made from N210p-HT nylon 6,6 high-density plain weave fabric, the Cierzo is light and tough. The special blended high tenacity nylon weave increases durability and tear resistance, and has a DWR finish and polyurethane coating for weather resistance. The material's light weight is one of the key ways Arc'teryx designers kept the Cierzo 28's weight to a mere 545 grams (19.2 oz).
Sized to carry a day's load, the Cierzo 28 has a spacious main compartment, and adds several smart features that expand its ability to handle necessary gear. The ingenious SwiftCord drawstring serves a compression system and carrying tool. Designed so the user can configure it to fit their specific carry needs, the SwiftCord helps secure a hardshell or belay parka, crampons, or sleeping pad. Two ultralight aluminum toggles work with the system to carry ice or mountaineering tools. If not needed, the SwiftCord can be removed to further streamline the Cierzo's profile. The main compartment is hydration bladder compatible and features a glove-friendly pull-to-open/pull-to-close drawcord system, and a top compression strap that can secure a climbing rope. An external pocket holds small essentials, and an internal pocket stashes wallet, phone, headlamp, and clips in keys.
The pack's narrow profile stays out of the way while climbing, and balances well while scrambling. The back panel is padded with a removable high-density closed cell foam sheet for improved carry comfort. The pad can be taken out and used a sit pad, or left out altogether to reduce weight or allow the pack to be rolled up for compact transportation. Lightly padded straps carry comfortably without adding unnecessary weight and bulk, and a webbing waistbelt stabilizes the pack and can be removed when not in use. An adjustable sternum strap adds comfort. The Cierzo 28 is a go-to pack. While the design and feature set are focused on climbing, the Cierzo offers versatility and capacity that crosses over to minimalist backpacking trips or extended day hikes.
**NOTE: Product has CORDLOCKS on lower ice tool straps, not aluminum bars as pictured**
- Compressible and packable
- Removable foam back pad
- Front zippered pocket with internal organizational pocket and key clip
- Hydroport drink tube passage with internal clip to keep bladder suspended
- Removable sternum strap
- 3.8 cm/ 1.5 in webbing hipbelt
- Removable webbing hipbelt
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps
- Top loading
- Drawcord closure
- Adjustable top strap used to compress pack or lash climbing rope to exterior of pack
- Drawstring accessed/stored in external front pocket
- Swiftcord drawstring style compression system
- **NOTE: Product has CORDLOCKS on lower ice tool straps, not aluminum bars as pictured**
- Materials: N100mr-HT nylon 6,6 mini-ripstop | N210p-HT nylon 6,6 plain weave
- Weight: 545 g
- Model: 17168